This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) incorporates by reference your CommandHost Customer Agreement (“Agreement”) and represents a Service Level Agreement between you and CommandHost. All terms not specifically defined in this AUP shall have the corresponding meaning provided in the Agreement. Your services may be suspended or terminated for violation of this AUP in accordance with your Agreement with CommandHost.
You may not use CommandHost’s network or services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including without limitation:
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization;
- Disruption or interference of any data system or network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device;
- Unauthorized collection or use of e-mail addresses, screen names or other identifiers (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password engineering, scraping and harvesting);
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Use of the service to distribute software that covertly gathers information about a user or covertly transmits information about the user;
- Use of the service for distribution of advertisement delivery software unless: (i) the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and (ii) the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems;
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the CommandHost network or website, or CommandHost’s employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS);
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Excessive Use of System Resources
You may not use any shared system provided by CommandHost in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared system, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the system. You agree that CommandHost may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, or has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other data that is stored on the same system.
- Vulnerability Testing
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a CommandHost system or network, or to breach the CommandHost security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without CommandHost’s express written consent. If you are a CommandHost customer and need to perform a penetration test, let us know beforehand by emailing us.
- Newsgroups, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as Internet Relay Chat and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings.You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your CommandHost services. A breach of any of the provisions of this section may result in immediate termination of your Agreement with CommandHost.
- Offensive Content
You may not publish, transmit or store on or via the CommandHost network or equipment any content or links to any content that in CommandHost’s belief:
- constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child sexual abuse, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person or business;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to CommandHost; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent or may result in retaliation against CommandHost by offended viewers.
This list includes examples of content that CommandHost may deem inappropriate but prohibited content is not limited to the aforementioned list.
- Intellectual Property
You may not use CommandHost’s network or services to download, publish, display, distribute, copy or otherwise use or make available in any manner any text, music, software, art, image or other work protected by intellectual property law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the intellectual property; or
- you are otherwise authorized by established intellectual property law.
It is CommandHost’s policy to terminate or suspend the services of Customers who are repeat infringers, but CommandHost at all times reserves the right to terminate or suspend services based upon a single incident.
- Live Events
CommandHost may prohibit you from streaming live events where there is a risk, in CommandHost’s discretion, that the event may violate Sections 5 and/or 6 above.
No credit will be available under the Agreement for interruptions of service resulting from any AUP violation.
- You may only use Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses assigned to you by CommandHost in connection with your CommandHost services.
- You agree that if CommandHost IP numbers assigned to your account are listed on an abuse database including, without limitation, Spamhaus, you will be in violation of this AUP, and CommandHost may take reasonable action to protect its IP addresses, including suspension and/or termination of your service, regardless of whether the IP addresses were listed as a result of your actions.
- You agree that if you register a Domain Name System (“DNS”) record or zone on CommandHost managed or operated DNS servers or services for a domain in which you are not the registrant or administrative contact according to the registrar’s WHOIS system, then, upon request from the registrant or administrative contact according to the registrar’s WHOIS system, CommandHost may modify, transfer, or delete such records or zones.
- You may not register to use any services under a false name, or use an invalid or unauthorized credit card in connection with any services.
Amendments to this AUP may be made at any time and you should check back frequently for any changes.
This policy was last updated on May 14, 2018.